Warn and Inform
Dear Parents and carers,
* We are writing to inform you that there has been a confirmed case of covid within your child’s class.
We are continuing to monitor the situation. This letter is to inform you of the current situation and provide advice on how to support your child. Please be reassured that for most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
The school remains open and your child should continue to attend if they remain well.
What to do if your child develops symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) or tests positive for COVID-19
Symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are a new, continuous cough, or a high temperature, or a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia).
If your child develops symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), they should get a PCR test and remain at home at least until the result is known and they are fever free (without medication) for at least 24 hours.
- If negative, the child can end self-isolation;
- If positive, the child should isolate until at least 10 days after their symptoms appeared.
How to stop coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with coronavirus (COVID-19):
- get vaccinated – everyone aged 18 and over can book COVID-19 vaccination appointments now
- wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser regularly throughout the day
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- meet people outside and avoid crowded areas
- open doors and windows to let in fresh air if meeting people inside
- wear a face covering when it’s hard to stay away from other people – particularly indoors or in crowded places
- participate in twice weekly LFD testing following national guidelines (recommended for 11 years and over). We encourage you to log your results here: https://www.gov.uk/log-test-site-covid19-results
Further information is available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/