Summer Updates from Mrs Thomas
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome back to our final term of the school year! I hope that you all had a relaxing break and enjoyed the long-awaited sunshine!
I am writing to give you some updates on staffing and dates for our very busy summer term.
- I am very proud to say that Mr Williams has been appointed as Headteacher at Redhills school in Exeter for September and so will no longer be returning to us as planned. We wish him all the best in his new appointment.
- We have appointed Mr Marchant as Deputy Headteacher at the school who will be joining us from St Margaret’s Primary School in Torquay. We had a strong field of candidates and Mr Marchant was the stand out candidate on the day.
- Mr Douglas who is currently seconded to us in the absence of Mr Williams will be returning to Exeter Road in September, continuing in his role as Head of PE.
- I am pleased to announce that Miss Dixon in our nursery got married in the half term and is now Mrs Bailey. Congratulations to her!
- Miss Gobel will also be returning to us from maternity leave on the 14th July and we look forward to welcoming her back.
As the summer is now here and it is getting warmer, please can I request that pupils come with a sun hat for breaktimes and sun lotion that they can apply themselves. They should also a water bottle clearly labelled with their name.
With the government announcement pending, we have had to make several options for activities in the summer term, some virtual and some where we may be able to involve parents if restrictions permit it. We will be putting safety first.
I wanted to give you as much notice as possible for dates. As I’m sure you can appreciate, we are waiting on Government guidelines as to whether restrictions will be lifted for next stages of activities and as soon as we know, we will give you more details of events. Our aim is to open a full curriculum next year for residentials to be able to happen and trips to enhance learning.
I will write to you again before review day to notify you as to who your child’s class teacher will be next year.
Mrs Annabelle Thomas
Head of School