Red Nose Day – 19 March 2021
The last 12 months have been incredibly tough for all of us, but we’re so proud of how our pupils have managed. As parents and carers, you’ve also had your lives turned upside down, and we’re so grateful for all of your efforts at home. We would like to celebrate this by being superheroes for the day and raise vital funds for Red Nose Day on Friday 19 March. I know there’s a lot going on, and things will look a bit different this year, but we can’t wait to raise a smile and some life-changing money, so if you can please donate to your just giving page:
What is Red Nose Day?
• Red Nose Day is a fundraising event run by Comic Relief.
• Comic Relief is a UK charity which aims to create a just world free from poverty.
• The money raised is used to transform lives in the UK and around the world.
Why we’re taking part
• Pupils learn valuable life skills and gain understanding and empathy for others in the world.
• After a difficult 12 months, it’s a great way to get together for a – socially distanced – giggle.
• Our school can really make a difference to people’s lives.
Where the money goes
• £5 could provide school stationery to a child living in poverty in South Africa.
• £10 could get 40 meals to children and families in need in the UK.
• £50 could buy a bike for a health visitor in Ghana so they can provide vital health care for hard-to-reach families.
Here’s what we’ve got planned:
• Superhero day – Please come dressed up as your favourite superhero. (Please no accessories due to Covid)
• Superhero Masks – We will also be making superhero masks during the day.
• Nose and Spoon Race – Each class will have a nose and spoon race.
While not everyone will be able to donate, we’re all in this together, however much or little we raise, we’ll be helping change lives in the UK and across the world. As well as taking the opportunity to be part of something positive, we’ll be using Red Nose Day as a learning opportunity. We’ll explore the issues facing young people across the world, and how the money we raise can help.
So get Friday 19 March in the diary and prepare to have some fun!
With thanks for all your support,